rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yelp Game - Better than OKC?

Yelp Game - Better than OKC?

Yelp is a great way of meeting fun, cute girls. I've been on the site writing reviews since 2008, but I only started to get back into it in 2012 after getting out of a LTR.

I noticed a lot more cute chicks were on it than before, so started to write reviews while simultaneously hitting girls up. First it was "add as friend", then it was leaving innocuous compliments e.g. "great review on the orecchiette" and then asking for recommendations which segued easily into meet ups and eventual bangs.

"Yelp Elite" events are also a great place to meet girls, especially cute Asians. Basically, Yelp partners with a bar/restaurant, you RSVP for a spot and they give you free food and alcohol. Unfortunately, they're usually during the week, but you'd be surprised how many drunken hookups I've seen happening in real time (a few experienced by yours truly too).

You're definitely not going to have the numbers you have on OK Cupid or other dating sites, but I've found the quality of the talent to be +1.5 higher on average than OKC. Granted, most of the girls (and 99% of the cute ones) write the most asinine shit in their reviews, but in person, they're usually pretty laid back and like to go out to eat. Plus all of them drink moderately/a lot which greatly aids the process along.

All told, for the first half of 2012, I was averaging about one yelp bang per month where it was more like 3 for 2 months with OKC, but the quality on Yelp was way better. One yelper in particular (Mexican girl) was the best looking Latina I have ever been with, a rock solid 8, whereas I'd usually settle for 6's on OKC.

I've put in enough legwork in my reviews where girls will still hit me up about dining advice and meetups even though I specifically reference my girlfriend in my current posts. Strangely enough, I found her on OKC, but she's definitely an outlier.

Anyway, just wondering if other guys on RVF are using this underrated tool. If anyone is interested in becoming a Yelp Elite PM me and I'll nominate you as long as you got some reviews down and you're looking to meet new girls over free booze/food.

Messages In This Thread