rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Adam Lanza's mother to blame?

Is Adam Lanza's mother to blame?

Quote: (12-16-2012 11:48 PM)NYJ Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2012 11:45 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2012 11:22 PM)FourToTheFloor Wrote:  

If you have a child with mental illness, you should think twice about owning guns unless you've got a very robust safe.

Well I don't think there was any reason for her to be owning an assault rifle that is for sure.

+1.

I can see you owning a handgun or two for home protection, but unless you're expecting an home invasion from a jihadist group I think an AR is overkill.

This is a minor example of what I'm talking about. Your thinking is ass backwards - there may be justified reasons for a civilian owning an AR; ARs may or may not contribute to the violent crime rate. Both of those points are in dispute, yet you're taking them for granted without having studied the matter.

What probably isn't in dispute, even among the most fervent gun supporters, is that Nancy Lanza failed to store her guns appropriately. However, this isn't a pleasant line of discussion for someone who hates guns. That would be like asking a traditional Catholic for ideas on how to make pre-marital sex safe - they're not going to make something they strenuously oppose safer and easier to manage.

Fourtothefloor, why would her sex matter given that a gun makes one's physical strength irrelevant? You could be a midget and take on Mike Tyson and win, if you were well armed and he wasn't.

Messages In This Thread