rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Starting a Men's Club - done it? Thought about it?

Starting a Men's Club - done it? Thought about it?

Any of you guys ever think of doing this? Or ever been a part of one?

I think it'd be an awesome idea in a great international location. Especially if the fees were high enough to keep a private bar open where members could relax away from the bullshit or even to take their chicks late night while they kicked it with the boys. My thoughts were if you were in Asia somewhere you could keep a full-time bartender working and charge everyone per drink (so people cover their share if they drink more) but nothing more than cost for the liquor. Bartender's salary and overhead would come out of the member fees.

Same for a cook to keep the grub rolling, etc. If outsiders were ever allowed in, they'd pay full price for a cocktail.

Another great extension on the idea would be to pool money together and rent a mansion, like the poker players over there do. Of course, with that scenario, not all members could stay at the place - at least not year round.

It would be cool to stay in close contact with like-minded men, etc, and actually have a real place to chill rather than just trading ideas on a forum. The big issue I could see was the resulting politics and drama - some of the drama that occurs on the forum stands as a good example of the bullshit that could arise.

Just tossing some ideas out there. I've been rolling the concept around in my brain lately as a way to make an international location especially comfortable and sustainable for the long run. With the right group of guys, you could even leverage your resources, build local contacts, and start making some real moves in the community.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread