rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm bearish on Thailand

I'm bearish on Thailand

I'm as baffled as the rest of the guys here in his very negative post about BKK. First time I went there, my plan was to stay there for a month but I ended up staying a few months. I found BKK a city with a unique vibe, with cool people, awesome food and an amazing night life. I also found BKK not too chaotic or rather, it's to be expected like in any major city around the world. Actually, part of that chaos that you see in certain parts is part of the charm of that city. As other mentioned, I also wonder where you stayed in BKK and where you were eating to have such a bad experience. I only went one night to Kao San Road and that was all I needed never to return. My time was spent mostly on the Thong Lor area and ate at both nice restaurants and the occasional street food and never ever had any problem. I found the people to be friendly, nice and warm. Just like anywhere, as long as you behave as a civilised person and not start shit with others, you'd be fine. In the months I spent there, the only time i came close to any altercation was with some stupid drunk English hooligan at a bar during a football match. Never had any problem with any Thais as I used common sense and I'm an experienced traveler to so called developping or 3rd world countries. Speaking of that, I didn't see much difference between Bangkok and Toronto. As a matter of fact, in a few key areas, I found BKK even better than Toronto. Trasnportation, communication, level of service in stores etc..was better in BKK. And my internet connection there was also faster than here in TO. Go figure for a 3rld world city. lol

Messages In This Thread