rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I had a hair transplant done

I had a hair transplant done

I was going over the recent propecia thread and figured it would benefit the forum if I posted my experience.

I had a hair transplant over a year ago. Not something I gave much thought too. Ive always had a full head of hair, decent thickness, only receding quite a bit at the temples and front. It bugged me a bit but not terribly. I played around with rogaine and propecia here and there

Anyways, when joking around about my receding hairline to a plastic surgeon friend of mine, he flatly asked me if I thought of a transplant. For some reason, I figured that the procedure was for the top and not the sides but of course it works the same anywhere. He also told me the 'guy who wrote the book' on hair transplant was in the city.

I figured I had nothing to lose and made an appointment. Before that I did some research on the Doctor and found out he's the guy a lot of hollywood celebs, heads of states etc turn to

I liked the doc when we met. He spent an hour with me. I asked him if he's had any disasters etc in the past. He told me 'I hate when I get asked that question. It feels like it can't be true, but every single one of my patients has been happy with the procedure. Not a single hospital admission from a complication. It's too good to be true.'

I booked within a week

A few months flew by and before I knew it , it was the day of the procedure. The day went by quick. A morning and afternoon session with lunch in between. Some valium by mouth and local anesthesia. No intravenous. I was quite sedated during the whole thing. My scalp was uncomfortable for a month after, which I just learned was much longer than usual.

Hair started growing in 3 months. No one knew I had anything done. At 6 months, some comments started coming in: 'you look different' , 'your hair looks good', 'you're looking good'; I guess since I was never really bald per se no one suspected anything.

I see myself in the game for awhile. Need any edge to look younger and happy I did it. If you're thinking about it, do it. Go to the right person. Only issue is cost, which can be the limiting factor. Ran me 15K.

Feel free to ask me any questions on the thread of PM me

Messages In This Thread