rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What it's like to date a real model

What it's like to date a real model

As a partner in a photography business I've had the opportunity to meet and hang out with more than a few models and yes, one of my gf was one. These are not big time models but they range in up to girls from Ford and Elite. What he is saying is absolutely true. Models are constantly worried about their looks because that is essentially what they are selling. Until you've gone to a casting call and walk into a room with 50 other girls that look just as good as you it's tough to understand. They are very insecure because they don't know what the people are really looking for or what will get them selected for the job. Plus 90% of the time they will get rejected they won't get hired for a job. This really beats up their ego. I couldn't be a model. You basically spend 90% of your time sitting around just waiting for shit. You wait at casting calls, you wait for makeup, hair, styling, and then you still have to wait for us to setup the lighting and whatever else. We are talking hours and hours of just waiting here. You get dressed up go out for a casting and never hear back anything from them. You don't know who got hired or why or why you didn't get hired. Sure, they get a lot of attention from their beauty but the industry sucks as a business. They may have all the men chasing after them BUT they in turn are chasing after a very limited amount of work. In my experience this makes models very neurotic and it's the reason so many of them do drugs and drink a lot. A lot of them are also not as nearly as pretty in person. By the time we finish with makeup, lighting, and Photoshop we can take a 6 and turn her into a 9. And in my experience at lot of models as just not that smart and that's the reason their finances and life are messed.

Messages In This Thread