rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Importance of a name

Importance of a name

Quote: (09-09-2012 10:48 PM)dandylion Wrote:  

Quote: (09-09-2012 10:46 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

My first name is fairly rare. A lot of girls I meet have this hippyish response of 'ooohh I've never met an ____ before. That's a cool name.'

I think for most people, who have fairly generic names, it isn't a big deal. But there are cases where it could hurt you. I can imagine some girls in LA getting turned off if you have a low class Mexican name like Esse, or even a Persian name. Or like you said, something that sounds lame. But, you can always just give her a nickname. Her primary impression of you won't be influenced much by your name.

Plus, when you choose your name, you can pick one that matches your identity, your vibe. Latin player? Giovonny [Image: wink.gif].

I used to get that alot with my first name which is not a cool name at all. It's even worse when they start repeating to themselves...liking a name as a novelty is not the same as truly liking a name in my opinion.

It's also possible to have a good uncommon name like Xavier, or a not-so-cool common name like Doug.

Lol man, I think I can read their responses correctly. I also live in LA, where being a little exotic isn't always punished.

Honestly, you sound a little too hung up on it, and that will hurt you more than what your name actually is. My full name sounds a lot like something kind of embarrassing, but I run with it if girls mention it, and they laugh. If your name was Herb, you could be like, 'yeah, my parents had this prophesy that I'd become a drug dealer someday.'

Messages In This Thread