rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mitt Romney: "I’ll Keep The Good Parts Of ‘Obamacare’"

Mitt Romney: "I’ll Keep The Good Parts Of ‘Obamacare’"

I think Mr. Romney and his team have bungled this presidential campaign in every conceivable way. This walk back to a moderate stance was what he should have done once his nomination was a formality. His only chance to win was by convincing the white middle class populace in states such as Virginia, Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida with a moderate amount of education, fiscally conservative, but socially centrist that Obama was going to drive the economy into a hole and had done a few too many drugs to ever come back from his social left.

Yet for whatever reason, Romney had this complex that to be a viable candidate he had to connect with rural right wing loonbags and position himself to a minority voter that he wasn't racist. Frankly I think he wasted so much of his time attempting to connect with these bases that he alienated the aforementioned population that was his only route to a win. If I'm Romney in May, I simply have to assume that anyone right of me is still going to vote for me because I'm running against a black man. Romney should have slashed hard left, relatively speaking, after it was a formality he would be the Republican nominee. Moreover, attracting a minority vote is something the Republican party has to start anew with in 2013, and not meekly, half-assedly try to do in 4 months when running against a minority candidate.

Outside of some image destroying blunder, Obama is going to walk to victory in November without much fanfare. Watching TV for election coverage is mindless as it will always be "closer" than expected because TV needs ratings after all. The excellent NYT 538 blog is really the only required reading for this election.

Messages In This Thread