rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mitt Romney: "I’ll Keep The Good Parts Of ‘Obamacare’"

Mitt Romney: "I’ll Keep The Good Parts Of ‘Obamacare’"

Quote: (09-09-2012 02:41 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Quote:Mitt Romney Wrote:

Well, of course not. I say we’re going to replace Obamacare. And I’m replacing it with my own plan. And even in Massachusetts when I was governor, our plan there deals with pre-existing conditions and with young people.

Funny quote. The Massachusetts healthcare plan also has an individual mandate, of course (as it must in order to cover people with pre-existing conditions while keeping the private insurance system in place).

Of course both campaigns are just going to say whatever they think is most likely to maximize their chances of winning between now and the election. I don't think it's very hard to cut through the bullshit though--if you support expanded public provision of healthcare coverage, vote for the party that historically has actually been in favor of the social safety net. Likewise, if you think the safety net is too large, vote for the party that doesn't like it. Believing that Republicans are going to strengthen Medicare or some provisions of Obamacare or whatever if they gain power based on a soundbite a couple of months before the election is just absurd (as is the reverse--I wouldn't believe Obama if he came out in favor of, say, tax cuts for the rich).

Both sides will have to take a Axe to Medicare and Medicaid it isn't a partisan issue it is simply the reality that exists.

Lets not forger it was Clinton that take a hatchet to Welfare in the 90's.

One side will bleed you to death with a million tiny painful cuts (D) the other will cut of your limbs one by one ®.

The Austerity Obama will have to introduce in his next term will be the same stuff that Romney can accomplish in only 4 years. Obama has to frame and set the tone over the last 4 years for it, Romney does not have to do that under the guise of the 'right'.

Messages In This Thread