rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are male tailors a dying breed?

Are male tailors a dying breed?

This is part of the problem. The random Korean lady at the dry cleaners is--in most cases--not a legit, master tailor or seamstress. They're people who have picked up some basic sewing skills along the way. I've had several brand-new (with tags), expensive articles of clothing fucked up by people like this. They do a hem by cutting one leg, kinda-sorta folding the pants in half, then cutting the other leg the same. Their stitches are sloppy and crooked. Even if they are good, someone who does alterations is not necessarily the same as an outright tailor. A tailor is trained in making an entire article of clothing from scratch, patterns included. They're often relegated to doing alterations--in today's economic realities--but they understand clothing on whole other level. Don't get it twisted.

The people who work in-house at Bloomingdale's, Saks, or other high-end department stores are different. They tend to know what they're doing. I trust leaving stuff I bought there with those guys. For one, they're good. And, they'd be responsible if they mess up.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread