rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to reply to: "What do you do?"

How to reply to: "What do you do?"

I could have sworn there was a thread dedicated to this, but I couldn't find it through search.

Ever have milestones in your game where you feel like you've cracked the code a little bit more? I had that last night with the "What do you do?" question girls inevitably ask. I've tried numerous variations. I've delayed my response but eventually given in before, I've told them outright, I've lied and done the whole, "I'm an NBA player", "I'm a rocket scientist", "I'm a Lego engineer" "I'm an ass model".

I never got the responses that other guys have apparently, maybe it was in my delivery. But the response is never all that great. I might illicit a giggle with the preposterous answers. When I'm sincere and tell them what I really do, they're certainly receptive and we'll have a nice conversation about the topic, which doesn't build any attraction. Overall I've felt like this question presents a road block which, even in the best case scenario, still slows down the attraction process and I have to make some sort of diversion or recovery.

Several times in the past two weeks I've answered with:
"I don't feel like telling you what I do."
"I can't talk about what I do."
"I'm not at liberty to discuss that."
"Nah, there are better things to talk about."

We're talking flat-out, NO. You will not know what I do for a living and you will deal with it. Last night I had two separate groups of girls hounding me for half an hour about what I do, and I didn't give in. It gave me a great opportunity to drop bait like, "What I do is pretty interesting, but there are far more interesting things about me." It gave me a lot of freedom to cover a lot of different topics, to portray myself as a much more interesting and multifaceted person that these girls wanted to know more about. With the direct-refusal method, I felt like I was finally using the "What do you do?" scenario to my advantage, instead of it being a road block, and adding value and attraction, and setting the tone for the following interactions for the rest of the night.

I should also mention I looked pretty sharp last night. I don't know if the direct-refusal method would work if you were in jeans and a tshirt. She might assume you're unemployed, which is fine too but might hurt your chances if you're in an upscale venue.

Both groups of girls asked at various points if I was an actor, a model, or if I just "had money". My answers were vague, along the lines of "Maybe" "Sure" "Something like that" "I don't know" "I do what I love" etc...

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread