rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

White Knighting? Being a man?

White Knighting? Being a man?

This is white knighting, to be sure, but it's semi-justified because the guy is all over this chick. The problem is that they're showing a very extreme example: the girl has visible bruises and it's a one-way argument. The truth is that most cases--I've venture to guess a vast majority--aren't like this. There's provocation, even physical aggression, from the female. These straight-up bully cases are easy to chalk up as "wrong," but the problem is that any male-female dispute is automatically assumed to be this.

I did a thread on another white knight episode of this show. Similar, but worse, white-knighting.

White-Knighting Is a One-Way Street

Story from my own life: I was white-knighted like this once. I was a younger cat (I know better than this now), and I was arguing in public with this bitch ex-girlfriend of mine. She had spent the last 10 minutes talking mad shit to me, getting in my face, and insulting me--about some shit I don't even remember. We were walking down the street. I was playing it cool, throwing back some volleys, but finally got sick of her shit and started responding more spiritedly. She then had the temerity to walk off (toward some building), while telling me to fuck off, and shoving me. She had said what she wanted to say, but didn't want to hear any of my responses.

All I did was grab her by the arm, before a white-knight materialized out of no where and was like, "are you okay?" to the girl (they always say the same shit) as if I wasn't there. Of course, our white-knight society (and its white-knight paratroopers) only sees what it wants to see--the part where the girl is a victim, even if it's 1% of the total argument. In a calm, but dead-serious tone, I said something like, "Hey hero, don't escalate this problem. She's fine. We're talking. Mind your fucking business before this becomes your problem." Dude took off.

Bitch calmed down (in retrospect, probably from the inadvertent display of alpha), and we sat down on some nearby steps and "talked out" whatever problem she was having. It was no longer in argument tone, just a like two people talking about the weather or whatever. But, still, two other parties came out and asked, us this time, if "we [were] okay." One dumb-ass had the audacity to ask, to the girl, if she needed him "to call someone." I wanted to kill that dude with my bare hands. I quickly figured out that the beta-ass white-knight had run into a nearby building and sounded the white-knight alarm.

Knowing what I know about white knighting now, I would never end up in a situation remotely like this today. Around that point, me and this piece-of-shit girlfriend figured out it was time to leave. I took her back to her dorm, banged her out, and got some cheesesteaks. Stayed with her after that for longer than I care to admit.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread