rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Female Dynamic on the Supreme Court

The Female Dynamic on the Supreme Court

Quote: (03-26-2012 04:42 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

I'm just curious as to how the federal government expects someone like myself to be financially able to go along with the insurance mandate.

As things are I'm living paycheck to paycheck, making barely enough to cover utilities, groceries, rent, etc. How the hell am I supposed to suddenly be able to afford something like health insurance?

Last time I had it was in 2008, and it cost me $320 per month (as a 20 yr. old). Over $3,600 per year. I don't have that kind of money above and beyond my current expenses.

Of course, that's the one of the key objectives of Obamacare, isn't it?

To get healthy young people like you, who really don't need anything but the most minimal of health insurance, if any at all, to pony up $200 a month or therabouts so folks like me, in their late 50s, won't have to pay the full cost of a $200,000 intensive care unit episode I am bound to have in the next 15 years or so...right?

It never ceases to amaze me that so many "young people" just went ga ga over Obama, when one of his signature initiatives, Obamacare, is really a proposal to engage in this kind of appalling generational theft.

Meanwhile, here is a telling exchange from today between Alito (dissed above, unfarily) and the Solicitor General Verrilli:

Quote:Quote:

JUSTICE ALITO: Suppose a person who has been receiving medical care in an emergency room -- has no health insurance but, over the years, goes to the emergency room when the person wants medical care -- goes to the emergency room, and the hospital says, well, fine, you are eligible for Medicaid, enroll in Medicaid. And the person says, no, I don't want that. I want to continue to get -- just get care here from the emergency room. Will the hospital be able to point to the mandate and say, well, you're obligated to enroll?
GENERAL VERRILLI: No, I don't think so, Justice Alito, for the same reason I just gave. I think that the -- that the answer in that situation is that that person, assuming that person -- well, if that person is eligible for Medicaid, they may well not be in a situation where they are going to face any tax penalty and therefore --
JUSTICE ALITO: No, they are not facing the tax penalty.
GENERAL VERRILLI: Right, right.
JUSTICE ALITO: So the hospital will have to continue to give them care and pay for it themselves, and not require them to be enrolled in Medicaid.
GENERAL VERRILLI: Right.

So, here ya go. The government, as represented by Verrilli, says you don't have to sign up, you'll STiLL get emergency room care, and you STILL won't have to pay the penalty/tax for NOT signing up for insurance.

Obamacare...supposed to take care of the "free rider" problem, but in the end, the law is a fucking joke.

I hope at least 5 of the justices take an actual copy of the bill and, after they strike the whole mess down, toss the 2700 pages into an ashcan right in front of the bench.

Wouldn't that be special?

Messages In This Thread