rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Straight Guys with "Gay Voice"

Straight Guys with "Gay Voice"

I've been noticing this more and more: guys who claim to be straight--and have girlfriends or wives--speaking in that lispy, effeminate way, and moving in that flamboyant style, that used to be clarion-calls marking homosexuality. For a while, I assumed these guys were just closeted gays trying to avoid being detected. This increasingly seemed like an inadequate explanation, given the relative acceptance in today's day and age, and the progressive cities that I tend to confine myself to.

I recently had an extended conversation with a guy about his "ex-girlfriend." He was among the most flamboyant dudes I'd ever met, but he went on and on in detail about her--to the point that I sorta believed him. I would have lost a lot of money on that bet. I have tons of stories like this. I went to an LTR's friend's wedding not long ago, and the groom--who I met for the first time there--sounded and acted like Hollywood Montrose from Mannequin (1987).

This isn't a thread for bashing gays (because I have no beef with them), but for talking about signs--such as this one--that men's deliberate (or unintentional) suppression of their sexuality is moving into speech patterns, involuntary behaviors, and subtler forms of communication. We've all clowned on the weak hipster with skinny girl-jeans, but this is beyond that. Some people have gone far enough to theorize that all the estrogen in the water supply--from girls pissing out their birth control--is having an effect. (The prevalence of soy products too.)

I'm no scientist, but it'd be interesting to catalog and interrogate some of these anecdotal signs from an on-lookers perspective.

Discuss.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread