rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

La Sierra High School PE. JFK Challenge.

La Sierra High School PE. JFK Challenge.

Quote: (03-25-2015 09:56 AM)realologist Wrote:  

This program would be great and should be government mandated. I'm sure this program alone would help with all the healthcare and obesity issues more than throwing medication and surgery at it.

Although its needed I doubt it will be initiated, especially on a large scale. The current education system wouldn't allow it to. It's too difficult and requires discipline.

I was able to hear how things were changing first hand because both of my parents are/were public school teachers(My father just retired). I remember them hating every part of it and it was part of the reason my father retired. Neither of them would recommend teaching as a career now.

When I was in middle school our PE Gym, a giant butch lesbian, had a PE program that actually focused on physical education. Sure it sucked, I went from playing fun games every day in PE to running a mile and doing pushups and situps 3x a week. Off days were spent stretching, learning about how the body works, and an occasional game to make things fun. Oh yeah, our grades reflected how much we improved from our start run time and pushup/situp count compared to our end of the term count.

I didn't think much of it other than wanting the old cool PE teacher back. But a couple months later I was out running around a field with a friend. I think we were playing knights and dragons or some shit, I remember having a plunger as a sword and a trash can lid as a shield. After a bit I remember my friend, that went to another school, panting and having to rest.

He asked me:

"Anti, how are you not tired? I'm running just as much as you and you are carrying that shit in your hands"

I wasn't tired, a little winded maybe, but still ready to keep playing. He had to take a knee.

Structured PE works. It should be brought back. Fat Shame should be brought back. Damn shame any politician that attempts to make a push at it will face the sharp edge of the politcial fatty acceptance brigade.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Messages In This Thread