rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Old school SJW vs Modern SJW

Old school SJW vs Modern SJW

I don't know about painting the 90s/rage against the machine era SJWs with such a nice brush. Here is my experience from that time:

I was big into punk rock and so got the whole 'bad corporations' thing, the local dudes what were really into it were also ridiculous white knights (though the term had not been invented yet). I never was 'actively protesting' or anything like that. That part was fine...but holy fuck let me tell you about environmentalists.

I think that environmentalist (and anti fur) tactics morphed into the SJW strategy of today. There were people chaining themselves to trees, burning logging equipment, bursting into tears at town hall meetings, shaming people for not recycling or printing emails. It was crazy, it was dogmatic and it was like the rape hysteria of today. We hired season workers and had people quit once they found out our contracts were for 'evil clearcutters' without understanding that they were doing restoration work...

Worst of all, these psychos would spike trees. What is tree spiking you say? Tree spiking is nailing a large steel peg into a tree...it likely won't kill the tree, but can introduce disease. The idea is that if you hit a tree spike with a chainsaw, guess what happens. Your chainsaw explodes and injures or kills the logger. Also, forest firefighters can't cut firebreaks for the same risk of death and when a fire starts the whole forest burns down because they can't cut control lines (real case).

In Canada, these environmentalists succeeded in 'protecting areas' by turning tens of thousands of acres into remote parkland where no roads or facilities development was allowed. Not only was logging excluded, but you couldn't drive in with a boat and go fishing, the only way you can use these parks is if you can take a month of of work and have the money to pay a chartered plane and outfitter to fly your gear in and pick you up...aka they became exclusive playgrounds for rich hippies and excluded the local working man or family vacationer. Again, a similar parallel to today where those who lost employment as loggers, were restricted on weekend fishing and hunting or family vacation areas were...working class men.

So, while the general free tibet or 'big corps are bad' SJW was pretty tame back then, your rabid environmentalist was not and reminds me of the feminists of today...both tend to hail from Toronto as well.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread