rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Real Talk Sessions: One Man's Thoughts On "Monk Mode"

Real Talk Sessions: One Man's Thoughts On "Monk Mode"

Monk mode worked for me, it helped me have time to reflect on myself, figure out issues that I needed to work on, and improve my personal psychology and inner game. Sometimes it can be a good thing for a guy to take a step away from the game, depending on where he's at and what he's going through in his life.

For me during my monk mode phase I pretty much put forth little to no effort to approach or game women, but what I did do was focus on improving myself. Specifically, I got my ass back into the gym and put in serious work, and developed more discipline in my diet, without the distraction of a girl friend, going out to do night game or have a bunch of girls to text or first dates, I was able to get into some of the best shape of my life and lost 15 pounds over the course of 3-4 months.

During this time I read a bunch of books a couple which helped me further take the red pill and advance my game knowledge and understanding. Those books were The Rational Male and the Manipulated Man. Knowledge is power, and I realized that there were many flaws in my mindset.

Monk mode allowed me to take a step back and see how I've been getting oneitis, pedestaling, and projecting my hopes and desires on these women. I was able to develop a deeper sense of non-attachment, and a greater indifference towards women, which has helped my overall vibe, although I'll admit I did have a little backslide with the last girl I laid.

Overall my game has improved, my last notch was one of the hottest girls I've banged a petite 23 year old who's at least a 7.5 arguably an 8 depending on your taste. I've been getting more attention and vibes from hotter and hotter girls, and I've gotten phone numbers, dates, etc. from younger girls than ever in the 18-21 range.

I credit this largely to monk mode, but monk mode should always be a temporary retreat with the purpose of reformulating, growing, and evolving, with the intent of self improvement. Monk mode should not be an excuse to be a lazy hermit that is too scared to take action or improve one's life. Eventually the knowledge, insight, and personal gains you make during this phase needed to be implement and applied and used in your life with your interactions with women and people in general.

I am still very much in the intermediate phase of game with lots of improvements to be made, I often go through periods of failure, followed by success, consistency often eludes me. However, I feel that I am making progress and improving, and part of this I would attribute to periods of monk mode.

Messages In This Thread