rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Old school SJW vs Modern SJW

Old school SJW vs Modern SJW

Thinking back to my college days on a traditionally liberal major college campus, I remember now seeing what we'd call SJW's today. Pretty easy to spot, they were usually either drama/English/Film majors and sort of dressed like hippies.

Think back to the late 90s/early 2000s.

They typically supported causes like "Free Tibet" or "Free Darfur" as their main platform. They were into poetry slams and other stupid stuff like that but didn't brag about it (since everyone was using fat nokia's back then, IM, email and "theFacebook" wasn't around yet). A lot of them talked about one day wanting to join the Peace Corps or Greenpeace. Medical marijuana was equally high on the list to gay marriage (but not as important as Tibet or Darfur). Feminism was there but seemed confined to academia and some intentionally oddball publications. Opposition to the Iraq war and the 9/11 truth movement were also very high on their totem pole.

Some of the old school SJW's were dare I say...fairly nice. They weren't nearly as snarky en masse and didn't seem to have an exclusive campaign against straight men since they were too concerned about trying to free Darfur. Again, I am only speaking in general terms.

The current SJW is extremely snarky, obsessed with LGBT and wants to literally have all straight men tossed into the loony bin for being straight.

What I'm saying is, everyone knows how irreversibly insufferable they are today and there are no signs of them slowing down.

If I had to quantify one change, it's the proliferation of social media. It has made the annoying - significantly more annoying.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the previous brand of SJW and how it compares to the current?

Messages In This Thread