rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For how long has marriage been a bad deal in the U.S?

For how long has marriage been a bad deal in the U.S?

Quote: (02-17-2015 11:49 PM)The Father Wrote:  

Quote: (02-17-2015 02:45 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I personally wouldn't feel confident having kids in the united states, but it is possible to overstate a problem. I've read that when both parents are college graduates the divorce rate is only 12%.

I dunno. I know a LOT of guys with advanced degrees married to women who are doctors, lawyers etc...and who were frivorced. Myself included. In fact, when a chick has her own money, she is more free to do whatever the hell she wants. So I'm not sure this is a such a reliable indicator.

In America, the divorce rate for women with a Bachelor's degree is 1 in 4, and 1 in 5 for women with post-grad degrees. Safe to assume they're mostly marrying men of similar or better education. Well educated people's divorce rates have been declining for decades, there's been a gigantic class divergence on this and many other social indicators. The upper-middle and upper classes have been doing better and better while everyone else has continued the decline that began in the 60's. Charles Murray (the guy who wrote The Bell Curve) wrote a good book about this topic: Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960-2010.

Messages In This Thread