rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Oh, How the Mighty Have Fallen

Oh, How the Mighty Have Fallen

Quote: (02-08-2015 07:54 PM)Porfirio Rubirosa Wrote:  

I'd be willing to say Mike Tyson wouldn't be nearly as famous if it weren't for how controversial he is. Furthermore, Bruce Jenner was never really a celebrity until he obtained that secondary role with the Kardashians in their fake 'reality'-show. As for Diego Maradona, he was an excellent association football player but a lot of his fame is due to all the controversy he caused and especially the 'Hand of God' goal while facing England at the 1986 World Cup in Mexico. Johan Cruyff for example, was an excellent association football player who scored more goals than Maradona in Europe (yes, Maradona played in Europe but he scored the most while playing for Argentinos Juniors) but he isn't nearly as famous and that is largely-due to the fact that he wasn't very controversial.

I think you are minimizing their accomplishments a bit too much, and are way off the mark.
Tyson became world champion at age 20 and won his first 19 fights by knockout. Everyone saw his fights long before he became a rapist and ear biter.
Bruce Jenner was a massive hero and international celebrity in the 1970s long before reality tv existed.
I really don't think Madonna's main claim to fame is a disputed goal and his legal problems/drug addiction. I think his fame has a lot more to do with the performance that led FIFA to name him co player of the 20th century along with Pele.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Messages In This Thread