rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

lindy west writes speculative fiction on reforming a troll

lindy west writes speculative fiction on reforming a troll

Quote:Quote:

We talked for two-and-a-half hours. He was shockingly self-aware. He told me that he didn’t hate me because of rape jokes – the timing was just a coincidence – he hated me because, to put it simply, I don’t hate myself. Hearing him explain his choices in his own words, in his own voice, was heartbreaking and fascinating. He said that, at the time, he felt fat, unloved, “passionless” and purposeless. For some reason, he found it “easy” to take that out on women online.

I asked why. What made women easy targets? Why was it so satisfying to hurt us? Why didn’t he automatically see us as human beings? For all his self-reflection, that’s the one thing he never managed to articulate – how anger at one woman translated into hatred of women in general. Why, when men hate themselves, it’s women who take the beatings.

Yes, it's fiction. Does that pass anyone's smell test?

The benefit of the story is that it exposes Lindy's real weak spot. Her weight gets plenty of play around here, but her dead father seems to be the thermal exhaust port of her Death Star frame.

Messages In This Thread