rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Liberal puts PC Culture on Blast

Liberal puts PC Culture on Blast

Quote:Quote:

If you maintain equal political rights for the oppressive capitalists and their proletarian victims, this will simply keep in place society’s unequal power relations. Why respect the rights of the class whose power you’re trying to smash? And so, according to Marxist thinking, your political rights depend entirely on what class you belong to.

The modern far left has borrowed the Marxist critique of liberalism and substituted race and gender identities for economic ones. “The liberal view,” wrote MacKinnon 30 years ago, “is that abstract categories — like speech or equality — define systems. Every time you strengthen free speech in one place, you strengthen it everywhere. Strengthening the free speech of the Klan strengthens the free speech of Blacks.” She deemed this nonsensical: “It equates substantive powerlessness with substantive power and calls treating these the same, ‘equality.’ ”

This really clicked with me and helped me better understand the term cultural marxism. Compared to most people in the US, and probably this forum, I am a liberal. That said, I have been feeling disgust toward PC culture and some aspects of the left.

I suspect most people that vote democratic nationally are similarly not extreme or PC, it is just the media and academic liberals that sour leftist ideals, similarly to how the religious and reactionary right do on the other end of the spectrum.

It is too bad the parties seem to be getting more extreme and moderate liberals and moderate conservatives can't come together more to find common ground on common sense issues that would increase prosperity and freedom for everyone.

Messages In This Thread