rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datesheet: north coast of Dominican Republic (Cabarete, Cabrera, Nagua, Santiago)

Datesheet: north coast of Dominican Republic (Cabarete, Cabrera, Nagua, Santiago)

That's not a bad idea. Or hire a trusted property management company to keep it rented or at least check in on the place. I've heard that once squatters move in it can be very difficult to remove them short of basically bribing the police or thugs to "deal with them". It's really such an incredibly corrupt place sometimes, that you never totally know what approach to take. For example, the court might issue a ruling (after you bribe them) but then the police don't enforce the eviction. Then you have to bribe the police to deal with it. But of course at this point you have shown who knows how many people that you are a walking ATM. So some of them might be coming up with ways to extort more money out of you. And if anything goes to court, be prepared for the judge to side with the locals because he may want a bribe in order to not side with them.

I think you are a little more protected in the tourist enclaves like Bavaro, Sosua, etc.. Just because like I said their economy survives on expats and so there is more of a reputation to protect. Though if you really have fucked up and broke the law, you may be in for a tough ride.

In Sosua there was a German compound where the families had guns out the ass, cash, perhaps other assets such as gold and jewels and safes. Police came up with some bullshit reason to raid them, there was a shootout, and then I believe some of the assets went missing. I read that most of the police actually are on shift working for private individuals. They make more money that way.

Messages In This Thread