rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medhi's StrongLifts 5x5 to get big.

Medhi's StrongLifts 5x5 to get big.

I think there is value in 5x5, but I also think that people get very dogmatic about how they lift. It's not like there have been randomized double blind studies with controls scientifically comparing how people gain differently on different programs.
I've listened to countless debates on whether it's better to lift in the morning or afternoon, whether its best to split or do full body, how much cardio, when etc etc.
In the end, I can say that the most important thing is consistency - get your ass moving and results follow.
Never forget that after a workout you will ALWAYS feel good, don't let internal LMR convince you to skip or put off a workout.
Also, focus on form, and PAY ATTENTION to pain signals - there is a huge difference between muscle soreness and actual pain where pushing harder leads to injury. And injury prevents consistency, which is the most important thing.
The human body is highly adaptable to benefit from different types of workouts, but injury and poor nutrition are enemies of this.
Lastly, don't put crap in your body. Natural protein from organic eggs or meat and vitamins from vegetables and fruit are superior to any manmade powder or pill. Eggs in particular are my favorite and give me fantastic results when I'm bulking up. It took millions of years of evolution for nature to create this perfect mixture of super nutrients designed to nourish an embryo at the highest growth stage of life.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Messages In This Thread