rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hamster Destroys Million Dollar STEM Program

Hamster Destroys Million Dollar STEM Program

@Genghis: Sometimes the best way is to go the pussy route, yes.

This is not the first story of its kind, nor the last. What she should have done was try to confront him, or walk out, which is the most reasonable advice actually. It could have spared a few people some headaches if she diplomatically said "I love the lab and your work, but my interests lie elsewhere. Thank you, bla bla bla" and gotten the hell out of dodge.

I was going to write about the rec letter angle. Yea, she was fucked either way. Choose your advisor wisely......

@Shrodax... I completely agree with you as well. Very telling she would bury the most serious offense in the 3rd paragraph of a comment and not front and center in the OP. That would have been my first damn paragraph: "Hi, my name is Bitch_scientist. I'm a PhD student and my work was attributed without recognition to an undergrad my advisor was sleeping with. I reported his-ass and I'm continuing with my PhD elsewhere. Bye bitches"

With a username like that, and then openly admitting she's "now working with the university to try and improve reporting and investigation procedures," she's hardly a reliable narrator. This girl could likely be more a rape culture hysteric than a victim of work theft or whatever.

Doesn't change, if the dude had been discrete... man, he was so close, SO CLOSE........

Messages In This Thread