rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

And now Barcelona begins for me

And now Barcelona begins for me

Quote:Quote:

Just put on the 1000-yard stare and walk past.

This right here is actually why I hated Barcelona. Because this is what I had to do.

One of the reasons I'm so crazy about Paris is that you can go anywhere in Paris and smile at, walk over to and instantly hang out with anyone. Even Prague you could do it a bit, although the Czechs didn't seem to make a religion of going out of their way to say hi like the French did. An entire night of parting VIP in Paris can be manufactured out of thin air by just saying hello. That's literally the complete guide to Paris: say hi to anyone and just see where it leads you.

It sucked to lose that in Barcelona.

It's hard for me to switch into a positive mental frame once I've had a negative incident. Once I'm in full "don't fuck with me" mode, I don't pull out of it. And I'm fairly threatening looking person to start with. It takes me a lot to overcome both my physical appearance and my upbringing enough to just smile at a girl and bullshit and flow with it.

As for the beach, I never really got to enjoy it. I was rarely awake during the full daytime. I'm a night owl by nature. Right now it's 1 am and this is primetime for me normally (when I'm not hacking up phlegm). And partying in Paris and Prague only reinforced that behavior. Hell, my general view of nightlife in Europe is that you can't really judge a place until after 2 am.

I'll get over it. Some day I'll load up and come back to Barcelona with the full wardrobe and do it right during a cooler time of year when the real locals aren't all hiding somewhere else.

Messages In This Thread