rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Paleo Diet

The Paleo Diet

It's Meat, Eggs, Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, Spices and Herbs. Get it fresh and organic. Avoid Starch, Sugar, Processed Food, 'Carbs' and Dairy. 'Eat like a caveman could, with fire'.

You'll soon learn that almost everything has dairy or starch as part of the meal, and it's not filling enough if you remove that part, especially when your on the move a lot and your a bachelor who doesn't cook much. Many times your forced to only snack on nuts, where a handful of them (50 nuts) can be 350 calories, since everything else is fucking starch. For example out of the 30 snacks I could eat at work, I can only eat 4 and all 4 of them are fucking super calorie dense nut mixes. The rest are sugar, fruits or starch. I look at our snack bar and say to myself, 'This is why America is Fat'. Vegetables make the best snacks, especially carrots.

I substitute beans for starches, but many Paleo eaters avoid beans. I'm avoiding fruit as part of my weight loss diet. Otherwise is Paleo, but more accurately is a slow/low insulin response diet. Many Paleo eaters also avoid eating too much fruit, since back then it was basically caveman ice cream and somewhat rare, non existent during winters in Europe.

Messages In This Thread