rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

(ERs) Emergency rooms in other countries?

(ERs) Emergency rooms in other countries?

Each place is different and varies depending on the day / number of people, etc.

For example, I was born in America, and the healthcare system is free for all Quebec residents having the provincial government health card (free & mandatory). However the wait times are very long, sometimes 8 hours to see a doctor, so most people avoir going there unless it's absolutely needed. In other provinces, I heard it's better, but I never tried it myself.

An average of $250 - $450 in America seems a bit high, considering that many countries in America offer very cheap health care. My guess is that USA is probably the highest if you do not have any private insurance.

I'll let you on an event that happened to me last year at the ER in Quebec; since it takes around 8 hours to see a doctor, people in the waiting room tend to be very wary of people waiting to see the doctor for non-urgent reasons, such as someone "I have a headache", etc. and while I was waiting, I overheard a conversation between an old man and a younger 30-ish lady not far from me.

Old man: "So why are you here?"
Her: "I feel like trouble when breathing, and I feel weak and not a lot of energy sometimes."
Old man: "Hmm... all right".
Her: "Hey, can you watch my seat 5 minutes? I'm going to have a smoke outside, if they call me name XXXXXXXXXX just let me know when I'm back."
<she leaves, and 2 minutes after, her name is called>
During that time, old man: "So I'm waiting here since 7 hours because I'm unable to eat anything for days now, and those people think they can just smoke and get free health care after?" (and goes on 5-minute rambling about how taxpayers spend money to cure people who smoke, etc.)
<the lady comes back>
Her: "So, anyone called my name?"
Old man: "Nope".
Nobody in the waiting room told her.

Messages In This Thread