rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Monk Mode Self Improvement

Monk Mode Self Improvement

Quote: (12-13-2014 09:01 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (12-13-2014 06:24 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Because avoiding nightlife social events and connections is conducive to starting up a business
[Image: dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0...175383.jpg]
You can only make certain kinds of connections through nightlife and those connections are the ones you want due to those people being the wealthiest and most successful. Not to mention having no social life and only focusing on yourself is somehow a great way to start a business. Contacts and pussy are the currency of the business world. Money is only exchanged for investment based on the previous two.

Nightlife can, of course, be advantageous if you have the self-control to make it so. That doesn't make it mandatory. There are plenty of highly successful people who are teetotalers, and for some people it's the best way.

There are also plenty of social businessmen who have taken breaks from society to put in an insane amount of effort without distraction. I'm not really sure why people feel threatened by this idea.

Also, regarding socializing, one of the things I dreaded most as a world traveler when I went on the wagon was losing that ability to make instant friends anywhere by dropping into a pub. I had a knack for going where most foreigners don't go.

I'm realizing now that it's just as easy to break the ice with strangers at a gym, especially abroad. I arrive in a new town and pop into a place to work out - always making sure it's a local spot - and I often go grab breakfast with someone I meet there. My social skills (my actual social skills as opposed to my conjured-up drunk social skills) are improving as a result. No reason you can't make business contacts the same way.

Again, the nightclubs can work for this, but that doesn't make it a required setting.

Well we are talking stateside. Building up contacts varies from country to country because in certain countries say like Japan going out to drink with business partners, employees, or managers is routine. On the other hand go somewhere else it's just as you said. We are talking stateside so I'll mention what is most effective stateside.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Messages In This Thread