rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What it means to truly be Alpha

What it means to truly be Alpha

Quote: (09-07-2011 06:01 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Here's what I don't like about this definition. It basically depends on having a woman with serious deficiencies in self-esteem and mental health.

Good point, and considering the situations where I felt the sense of "ownership" over a girl were when the girl had some self-esteem issues, I'd have to agree. And when it comes to pimps and hoes, I guess any girl who lets anyone get that deep in her head is just vulnerable to any sort of influence, whether it be from an alpha or not.

Quote:Smitty Wrote:

I wonder if being alpha could also mean that you don't really care about "property" because you can always get more. That's not to say you will let other dudes walk on you (e.g. flirt with your girl in front of you), but maybe a true alpha doesn't truly care about women enough to care if she decides to fuck someone else. Reminds me of the line in the movie Heat: "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

This is also a very valid point. I guess a true alpha would not consider any woman property, because a true alpha would be in some truly animalistic mindset and would only consider his immediate well-being important.

Then again (I'm going to go to my main man, Sean Connery, for this one so don't hate) if you were to sleep with Mr. Alphas wife, you would have to have big balls, and she would also have to have a really damn good reason to get herself in a bad situation with him-- and I'm pretty sure in terms of property-- he looks at her as his and she considers him (to a point) hers. I am doubtful that she is willing to give him up if he cheats on her. I'm also guessing he would be clever enough to not rub it in her face if he did.

I guess this is why the term alpha can be so controversial and misleading when it comes to pickup.

I think the title of this thread should be, What does it mean to be Sean Connery?

Messages In This Thread