rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Millennials

Millennials

I used to be one of these emotionally unstable Millennials that we are all talking about. Crying all the time and basically acting like a little bitch. I chalked it up to the fact that my parents are dead (mother is literally dead and father is figuratively dead to me). I had a father in name only in my late teens and after my mother passed away, he became a massive piece of shit who used me for money even though I had very little as a student. I never really had any guidance or a support system. I was pretty entrenched in blue pill ideology. I always had to support myself (and sometimes my own father) while in school earning my doctorate.

Reading some of these horror stories (like Millennials having their parents talk to their employers), I realize I wasn't that bad. Many of my friends who are my age (28) talk about how they live at home and their parents help them so much. All I can think to myself is "that must be nice." I have very little respect for most of the people like that considering the fact that I never had a social safety net like they had. I had to make things happen on my own. I was frequently depressed though and often suicidal. Always trying to take anti-depressants to solve the problem. While I had no trouble getting laid (after undergrad), I realize now that my happiness was very dependent on women. When I had a gf, I was happy (for a time) and when I was single, I was depressed. My politics weren't bad though. I was libertarian and then when Ron Paul came along, I began my red pill journey to where I am now. I began understanding the role feminism played in the culture. Eventually through blogs/Youtubers I followed, I found RVF. All I can say is that this place has been a Godsend. I began reading books like The Rational Male and The Way of Men. I began to get in touch with my masculinity. I began lifting weights, reading good books, learning game (though I will admit I am still a coward who is working on approach anxiety which cripples me). For the first time in my life I feel content with who I am as a man, my mission in life, and where I am going. It couldn't have come at a better time because I was turning to alcoholism to feel better. This is dangerous. I work alone, I live alone, I spend nearly 95% of my time completely alone. Being like this and severely depressed and attempting to use the bottle to cure it was a recipe for disaster.

Sadly, I think that you cannot force the red pill onto people. It has to be a journey to appreciate it. Most people are entrenched in their blue pill ways and generally avoid any controversial topics. I have tried seeding the red pill into the minds of my friends by recommending certain blogs or books but they generally ignore them. They are unwilling to put in the time to read. They want to be "nice" guys.

I can honestly say that this community saved my life. It's not for everyone though. You have to seek it out.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Messages In This Thread