rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I intentionally keep my wife poor -- to preserve our marriage

I intentionally keep my wife poor -- to preserve our marriage

Some good points OP, but...

Why not just make the money and not let your wife know too much about your finances?

It's what I do. My wife is a good woman, but women always think if you have money, that's how much they have to spend. If she knew what I had in my savings account, or that I have a savings account, suddenly she'd find an urgent need for the house to be remodelled or something.

I give her housekeeping money every week so she can buy groceries, baby things, etc. and a little extra for her to go to luch with her friends. All in cash - no credit cards, so she can always physically see how much she has to spend, and isn't tempted to get into debt.

My bank statements are all online and she doesn't have access - I make the money, so it's mine to manage.

You'll need to retire some day, so if you can make a few million between now and then, it beats worrying about your pennies when you're old.

Messages In This Thread