rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Freezing Your Sperm for Future Children

Freezing Your Sperm for Future Children

I think everyone should freeze their sperm, but not because of any increased risk of birth defects/autism for your offspring as you age. You should do it in case you have an illness or a catastrophic accident that renders you sterile.
There is also an increased risk of birth defects from freezing sperm or eggs and then using them.
For example, if you are 25 and freeze your sperm for 10 years, then use it to impregnate your wife/partner when you are age 35, the risk profile of the resulting fetus is not going to be the same if you just shot in her when you are 25.
However, I'm not aware of any credible research that can quantify the risk, or properly estimate it. If you reach 35 and want to have a baby, and are still fertile, are you better off using your 10 year old frozen sperm from when you were 25 or just doing it the old fashioned way? I'm guessing just doing it the old fashioned way. Now, if you were 50, and had perfectly, ideally stored sperm from when you were 25, then my feeling is probably the frozen stuff, but I don't think anyone really knows.
My own approach to this, is the following:
I've frozen my sperm for use in case of infertility due to illness or accident. I will have offspring the natural way as long as I am under 45.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Messages In This Thread