rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Blizzard's New Game Includes Strong Female Characters - Will Feminists be Satisfied?

Blizzard's New Game Includes Strong Female Characters - Will Feminists be Satisfied?

I knew it; 'Waah! I'm fat and ugly, so I want my video games to have fat and ugly girls as heroines too!'. Who wants to play a badass action game or tough dungeon crawler with anatomically impossibly proportioned female characters when you can help Fugly Sue rationalize last night's one night stand into rape?

Games are entertainment; they aren't supposed to pander to your every whim and represent you as a person...of course as a man I have the logic and the self esteem to not use media to find touchstones that I can relate to and say 'Wow! he's just like me!', but I guess most Western women lack those traits.

Do you know why there are no fat and ugly heroines in video games? For the same reason that there aren't many fat actresses in Hollywood (the two exceptions I know of being Melissa McCarthy [who I don't enjoy; she's basically a dude] and Kathy Bates [who is a very talented actress]); people don't want to see them because people don't like fat and ugly people - they can push it on us and try to force feed us into liking it, but biology doesn't change.

And Jesus tapdancing Christ, 'There are no strong women in video games! they are always just damsels in distress!'...Play just about any Japanese RPG from 1990 to 2005 and you'll see some great female characters. Squaresoft always made games with strong, compelling female characters that didn't veer into unbelievable 'This 5'5 120 lb. chick drinks, fucks and fights better than any man!' territory.

Messages In This Thread