rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

5 simple steps to build a (tax free) location independent income
simple steps to build a (tax free) location independent income
I have to disagree here

First of all I dont think the market is oversaturated. Yes there are tons of hacks there who will work for peanuts but they produce shit. quality clients wont ever want to hire guys like that (and I want quality clients) so they are not really competition. think about it no midlevel company with a sizable marketing budget will get on elance and hire some hack to write content for $10 a piece. chances are they wont evne be on elance at all (some are, but its a tiny fraction of the ppl who troll elance). its actually easy to stand out from the unwashed masses and I have already outlined some tips above (website, handcrafted emails, strong portfolio)

if you want to see what your "competition" is up to simply put a project on elance and see the kind of emails you will get. most will just spam you with copy paste stuff and dont even read your job description.

second I dont belive you have to be an amazing writer to make good money. there are tons of amazing writers who are broke and mediocre writers who make a lot of money. once you hit a certain baseline of quality it doesnt really matter how good your writing is. the marketing is much much more important. thats probably true in any field like music, movies and so on

I have written articles for $13 and I have written articles for $130 and there was virtually no difference in effort, time and research I put into those!

in this game its all about positioning yourself as an expert and finding the clients who are willing to pay higher rates. and they are out there.

like Dan Kennedy says (paraphrased) the secret to getting outrageous rates is keeping a straight face when you ask for them. and thats pretty easy over email [Image: wink.gif]

of course you cant be a total hack you have to deliver a certain level of quality and always be professional. never miss a deadline, keep appointments, reply to all emails within 24hours max and so on and so on... but to me thats the absolute minimum you should bring to the table in any field. I have tried outsourcing work myself and most freelancers cant even keep appointments, will miss deadlines, suddenly drop off the radar and do all other kinds of shit. again its easy to stand out.

lastly I would not get into coding if you want to make money. if you like it sure go ahead. but you will be competing against every indian and philippino out there! its still possible to stand out by effective marketing but then you still have to invest a lot of time to learn the skills.

if you want to learn a skill from scratch to make cash then its better to go for something with high leverage like copywriting or anything related to sales.

Messages In This Thread