rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

5 simple steps to build a (tax free) location independent income
simple steps to build a (tax free) location independent income
Quote: (10-26-2014 10:46 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

This is good information. But let me just take it one step further.

If a business owner or internet marketer is able to profit after paying you $10 for an article, then he is getting more than $10 value for that article in the long run.

Therefore, it's better to put expend your writing energy on your own properties. After all, chances are that your client hasn't got any magical leverage (some companies do, not your average oDesk client though).

Content on your own .com belongs to you lock, stock and barrel and can still pay you in 5 years or be leveraged in other ways.

In other words, in the longer term you want to own your own shit rather than making others money.

Just wanna chime in on this: It's true, but only if you know how to monetize it as well or better than they do, and you have a clear vision for your business (website content being one element of it).

The person who buys content from freelancers might be using it to pull traffic into the top of a very lucrative sales funnel. Maybe they have a high-priced prod/service that they sell after they capture an email address and send out a sequence. Maybe their funnel converts really well after months of A/B testing. Maybe more upsell on the backend. etc.

If you just post up your content with, say, Adsense ads, there's no guarantee you'll do as well as the person who might have bought that content from you... you don't know how it plugs into their particular profit machine. It's all about lifetime customer value.

For people without the biz skills or vision yet, freelancing might be the wisest choice at first.

Of course, the more value your business captures, the better. Ownership definitely trumps freelancing from a 30,000 foot view. But throwing up content just for the sake of it without a strong business vision or monetisation strategy is no guarantee of success (how do I know? because I've done it and felt the pain heh).

Messages In This Thread