rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Egg Futures Market

The Egg Futures Market

Quote: (10-13-2014 10:26 AM)Maciano Wrote:  

"I’m somewhat mystified, which is partly why I’m writing this post. Maybe others can help me understand the objection."

Maybe, just maybe, not everyone is perfectly rational in a rational market place. To expect Socratic deliberation on an issue like how to make money from women's urge to become mothers, a force of nature, is the height of folly. People are crucifying video game programmers for sexism or nerds for dongle-"forking" jokes!

Reading that blog sure makes you understand Asperger's better. "Gee, why can't we just talk about this, it's like a totally viable idea, and it's win/win for everybody in a games-theory scenario!"

Dude, that blog is the definition of autistic. "Here is this perfectly rational idea that would work in in theory in a world of purely rational beings." That's what makes it so great. Just repeat crimethink followed by mystified blinking when the comments section goes apeshit. Plus, his loyal readers all nod and go "well, you're just not being rational" when the hamsters start to spin. I love it.

When hyper-rational people learn to hold their frame and just act like everyone else is wrong, the machines will win. For another example of this, see the guy making soylent. His blog is just worst idea after worst idea followed by "but it would work in theory, I'm being rational, stop hitting me guys."

It's also the reason very intelligent men have to study game and break down social interactions systematically. Other people's emotions are basically a foreign language to men like that, because their perception is so radically different.

We can point and laugh and act like we're better because we know how to manage the insanity of human egos, but they'll look back at us with the same disgust when we don't know how to build a particle accelerator or code artificial intelligence. Ask yourself, who has the better skill? Who has greater mastery?

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Messages In This Thread