rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Treon Harris: The new double standard

Treon Harris: The new double standard

Treon Harris recently got suspended from playing college football because he was accused, probably falsely, of sexual assault.

One Andy Hutchins recently posted a click-bait opinion piece where she says, in so many words “Even if Treon Harris is innocent, the fact that he put himself in a situation where he can be accused of rape means he should be suspended.”

OK, fair. As someone who believes sex should be a lifetime monogamous commitment, I can see the point of telling people “If you’re promiscuous, you can get in trouble.”

However, Andy Hutchins does not appear to feel the same way. In multiple cases, she has attacked men for “slut shaming”. On a Tumblr entry from 2012, she complained of her drug dealer roommate hanging out with some guys and “slut-shaming”, stating the following:

Quote:Quote:

Hearing my dealer roommate and his stoner friends talk about rape in the military and slut-shaming and reconciling it with their loud-ass talk definitely interfering with my chance of getting to sleep at a human hour and them saying the idea that being in the military is “such a good gig”: People are awful and good and annoying and I really should live by myself for a while.

In addition, Andy Hutchins liked an article encouraging promiscuous sex, which devotes a few paragraphs encouraging women to be promiscuous, starting with this line:

Quote:Quote:

The framing of this video fundamentally robs women of their right to wear tight pants, drink alcohol or get into cars (read: trucks) with men. It frowns on men who celebrate this kind of casual romance.

Bottom line is this: Posters here at the RooshV Forum know that, if you screw around with enough women, eventually one will accuse you of “raping” her. Especially if you’re famous. (To wit, the recent Return of Kings article which shows how women will retroactively badge casual sexual encounters “rape”) My experience with women is that they throw around the word “rape” when they really mean “I don’t want to take any responsibility for the fact we had sex.”

Now, back to Treon Harris. We don’t know what happened between him and her, but he claims to be innocent There was speculation, tweeted by a reporter close to the people in question (which he later deleted, probably because of pressure from feminists), that “the girl in question has been with Harris multiple times, she got jealous and said he sexually assaulted her”.

If Andy Hutchins doesn’t think Harris’ problem is being promiscuous, perhaps she expects him to magically be able to read women’s minds before having sex with them to see if they will think it’s rape after the fact.

The fact that Treon Harris got suspended from the football team for nothing more than an unfounded accusation is scary. He is nothing more than the latest victim in the witch hunt against football players.

Messages In This Thread