rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates

Woman ordering appetizers on drink dates

Quote: (10-06-2014 07:03 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

To me, 7:30pm is a reasonable dinner or food time for anyone in the United States who works a normal job and isn't come straight from work to meet you up. You can't invite someone for drinks at that time then get pissed off that they may be hungry or want to eat something, even if you explicitly state we're going to meet "for drinks". Its just the cost of doing business. I'd rather meet some girl at 6pm for Happy Hour than at 7:30pm strictly for drinks, because that's really a time for eating. If I wanted to meet up for drinks only, I'd go to a drinks only venue that doesn't serve food.

Thats bullshit for a few reasons

-If you know you can't eat dinner in time why agree to meet up for drinks at a certain time and then act surprise when you're date doesn't want to share food? Why not be a grownup and suggest a later time or tell the other person?

-If the girl is showing up straight from work then she hasn't showered all day and doesn't give a flying fuck about the date.

Quote:Quote:

If it were like 9pm or something, then I'd understand, but for a girl to get off work, get ready and eat in time to get there by 7:30pm, to me, is a little unreasonable. That being said, even sometimes if its at 9pm or hell any time and the girl sometimes orders an appetizer or an expensive drink, it kind of pisses me off since I'm a cheap bastard to begin with.

No it's not unreasonable. 7:30pm drinks is for girls who live close to me that get off of work at 5pm(hence they have to wake up early). I find these things out first hand and then make a judgement call when to set the date. If I found out the girl works later or lives farther I push the drinks date to a later time like 9pm.

Messages In This Thread