rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finding a job overseas to live as an expat?

Finding a job overseas to live as an expat?

In addition to the women, I talk to a lot of foreign guys in bars in different countries, because it is the richest source of information available. The internet is as useful as a 1950s phone book in comparison.

In general, foreign professionals I've talked to in non-English-speaking countries were in one of these camps:
- Employed by US/other western company, who then 'sent' them to that country (especially in Japan).
- Could speak the local language to a business standard, and had succesfully applied to jobs for that reason.
- Had been head hunted from another country based on their status in their industry
- Were in a profession that could be effectively freelanced
- Were business owners (mostly older men)

I know a guy who got a job in finance in HK straight out of uni, he would have applied over the internet.

Also keep in mind that higher degrees (such as Masters) get a lot of respect in Asia. Frequently people have told me a Masters is an enormous social and professional status boost.

In Australia, by comparison, a Masters or PhD is actually damaging to social and professional status.

Messages In This Thread