rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Journalism dead? Who is your favorite journalist and why?

Is Journalism dead? Who is your favorite journalist and why?

I took a journalism class and I can't help but be interested in journalism. People seem to forget how important news and journalism is to society. Nowadays many journalists get very cozy with those in power and are all about the access and are too afraid to ask tough questions in fear of not getting access to those at the top.

A journalist's job is to challenge those in power and ask the tough questions and be a dick if you have to in order to get the answer you want. Journalists are supposed to make those in power uncomfortable and keep their distance from power. Nowadays I see the opposite where journalists cup-cake with those in power. Is journalism dead?

Even though the majority are all about access, there are many out there who keep it real for the profession. Who is your favorite journalist and what is your favorite journalistic moment and why?

Here are mying:

Anderson Cooper

^^^^^One of my favorite journalists. Anderson Cooper is truly a champion of "keeping them honest" he always tries his best to get people who seem like they are lying to bring forth the truth. Here he is basically making Donald Sterling show himself up on national television to be what he is believed to be, which is a racist.

Jorge Ramos:

^^^^My favorite journalist of all time. Jorge Ramos is not afraid to ask the tough questions and call politicians out when they contradict themselves. A true champion of journalism for his time, probably one of the greatest we have. Here President Obama goes on to Univision to talk to the Hispanic community in 2012 during the campaign. Obama walks into the set being cocky, waving to the crowd and thought he had Hispanics in the bag, but was met with a bombardment of tough questions by Jorge Ramos from immigration to Benghazi to Fast and Furious to the economy. It was the first time since being president where Obama was asked legit questions about his performance. This 50 second clip was basically Jorge Ramos calling Obama out on his broken promise that he was going to pass immigration reform in his first year and basically told him "why did you lie to us?" Jorge Ramos really took it to him making it uncomfortable for him. Best interview Ive seen ever. Truly a beauty. Its an hour long if anybody is interested. This interview was so shocking that even Rush Limbaugh clapped his hand for Jorge Ramos.
This guy's reaction to that interview was funny:

Jorge Ramos and John Boehner

^^^^ Jorge Ramos again which will go down in one of the best moments in journalism. Calling out John Boehner about immigration and why he's blocking the bill. Jorge knows that the Republicans don't want to vote on immigration and that's exactly the answer he's looking for. Boehner doesn't know what hit him hahaha, notice the other journalists around him looking at him.

BBC

^^^^^BBC usually keeps it real. This British journalist is also great. Don't know his name but this interview with Hugo Chavez is great.

Messages In This Thread