rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

4 Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Quote: (09-21-2014 07:53 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

Have you considered the addition of carb cycling or a cheat day?
Never tried it personally, but I've heard in a few places that when on a low or no carb diet, picking a day or two a week to cheat and carb up results in faster and more extreme fat loss, and more efficient glycogen function (very important if you're lifting).

This question was already asked and I responded to it in the above post and Chaos responded to it.

In sum, I do NOT do it for the reasons that I cited in my earlier response, but depending on how you structure your diet (or maybe on how strict you are) there could be some utility in having some kind of day where you include more carbs.

I believe that individual tolerance may vary, and even guys could run into carb creep or even defeat some of the purposes of low carb by "carbing up" too frequently.

Part of the reported advantages of trying to maintain longer periods of low carb is to put your body into ketosis and to get your body more used to burning ketones rather than glucose as a fuel source.. if you keep adding the glucose back in, then your body may never become keto-adapted. Actually, there seems to be some different schools of thoughts on this and there may be some bro-science involved here too because in order to really get an assessment of what works for you, there may be some need to attempt to measure ketones, which is also an evolving practice (sometimes available through breath meters and sometimes through urine sticks).

I have NOT measured my own ketones... however, Jimmy Moore's new book entitled Keto-clarity gets into some discussion about ketone measurement (I have NOT yet read his book - but I listen to his podcast which he has discussed a lot of the contents in the past several months).

Messages In This Thread