rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

4 Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Quote: (09-21-2014 12:09 PM)GauchoNomade Wrote:  

A couple questions/issues about this diet:

1) Do you do "cheat day" ? 1 day a week to eat anything you want and reset your metabolism?
2) Cheese and diary in general contain lactose, or sugar from milk. Avoid.
3) Do you guys know about "resistant starch" ? Its a part of starch converting into useful resistant starch. Hapens with potatoes and rice after cooked and cooled.

I will attempt to take a crack at these.. what the heck...

1) I tend to believe that there is NO real need to build in cheat days; however, I am NOT opposed to the concept of having flexibility in order that guys can deviate and even considerably deviate on various days and on special occasions. If you are eating with some balance, then you do NOT need to build in cheat days for any kind of purported purpose to "reset your metabolism" because your overall approach should NOT need resetting. I kind of subscribe to a form of 80/20 rule - to attempt at least 80% compliance, and probably, i have a higher rate that is around 90%... so maybe it is 90/10.. compliance.. or at least somewhere between 80 and 90.

2) I am kind of pissed off about dairy in the sense that we have so much processed dairy in the USA. I understand your point about the sugars, but likely more of the problems with dairy come from the homogenization, pasteurization and removal of fats. Some guys have talked about caseins too, but I do NOT claim to be any expert on that. El Borracho made a good post on this in the dairy thread. I eat some dairy .. attempting high fat, when I do.

3) In my above post, I mentioned the resistance starch thread.

Messages In This Thread