rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

4 Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Somehow I missed this thread, and it deserves a bump - because the data contained in the OP is very well organized and very thought provoking and informative.

Surely there are also some related RVF threads regarding Keto and paleo and the role of diet, sleep and exercise, and recently there has been quite a bit of back and forth discussions regarding dietary choices in the belly fat thread.

The comment of Alecks, above, is ridiculous and maybe even trolling?

I personally evolved over to this thinking regarding low carb and high fat in about early to mid 2012, after reading Gary Taubes's two books 1) good calories bad calories and 2) why we get fat and what to do about it. Around that mid-2012 time, I also read a couple of Mary Enig's books 1) Know your fats and 2) why fat doesn't make you fat.

Further, in late 2011 I began listening to a couple of low carb podcasts, including Jimmy Moore's various podcasts - such as living la vida low carb.. and these information sources opened me up to understanding that we should be cutting down on carbs and ensuring that we are getting good fats and oils into our diet (such as butter, coconut oil, lard, tallow, bacon grease), rather than bad fats/oils (such as industrial oils, canola, vegetable oils, margerines, partially hydrogenated oils, soybean oils and transfats)

Anyhow, really great OP and follow through.. and I would certainly be open to batting around a few of these ideas of this thread a bit more and discussing various sources including various misconceptions that remain in the mainstream media (even though there seems to have been some developments that are more accepting of fats in the diet).

There can also be misunderstandings and bad information regarding which numbers matter in your bloodwork... discussing blood sugars, triglycerides, HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.

Docs (drug companies) still like to attempt to push statins with the ongoing myth about cholesterol being a supposed problem (rather than sugar as mentioned in the OP) - and even though there is NO real good evidence to justify the pushing of statins (except profits) and the medical industry and drug companies also like to push fucked up recommendations regarding how to treat diabetes with insulin.. rather than fixing diet and lifestyle... and actually all of us should eat as if we have some level of diabetes in order to preserve our body's ability to burn fats, and because as we get older, we likely become more and more sensitive to carbs and insulin resistance, which could have been minimized in our youth if we considered ourselves to have some intolerances to carb overloading, which seems to be a staple of the SAD...... that is the Standard American Diet.

Messages In This Thread