rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

People over-using your first name

People over-using your first name

When places use a number system, we all know what happens:

[Image: TAKE-A-NUMBER-LG.jpg]

Half of the people forget what their number is, the staff calls out their number over and over, gives up, and moves on, and only after the food has been sitting there so long it's stone cold and has to be remade do they come up, "Excuse me, did you forget my order?" No jackass. It's been sitting right here, four feet away from your stupid head, for 30 minutes. Didn't you hear me call out "Number 4" 20 times?

[Image: EE38FC9D.jpg]

People actually listen for their names. They respond to them much better than a random number in a list. So when I later read out the same name my co-workers earlier wrote down, you actually come up and get your food while it's still hot.

That is the point of this system.

And every time, I promptly forget whatever your name is, because news flash, you're not that important. Buying $12 worth of food from me just means you're one of hundreds of people doing the same exact transaction with me today. There's just too many people coming through and I'm too busy to fucking care.

I don't care if you call yourself Optimus Prime, Dolomite, or some other stupid name --as long as its something my retarded co-worker can spell out well enough that it makes sense to you when I read what they spelled out ten minutes later, and you fucking well actually come up and take your order when I read it out first time. If you do that, I couldn't care less. However, when I'm calling out your bullshit name that no one can spell or pronounce and you're just standing there four feet away not responding while the food gets cold, yeah, I'm gonna get pissed off.

[Image: angry_waitress.jpg]

I suggest keeping it to simple words that people have a reasonable chance of spelling well enough it can be read out loud correctly later. "Comet" and "Star" won't even raise an eyebrow --if I've got 3 orders for Bob or Sue, I'd much rather you use a more unique name so someone doesn't walk off with the wrong order and then I have to remake yours because you're the slow Bob of the bunch.

Seriously. Keep it simple to spell and pronounce, actually come up when your order's ready and I read it out loud, and I don't give a fuck.

[Image: 8089101622_cc726d8aea_z.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Messages In This Thread