rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

CNN currently glamourizing transgenderism (Kristen Beck story)

CNN currently glamourizing transgenderism (Kristen Beck story)

The media is, in fact, making transgender people trendy, if not glamorous (their photos keep them from that).

Like "Shark Week" on TV, this is the trend in print. And it's a dangerous one.

The way these things come about is a sort of snowball effect. One writer will write something about the plight of the transgender and perhaps win a local award. Then all the other reporters jump on board.

This development is particularly disturbing for several reasons. One is that where we all knew gay guys or lesbians in our lives, there are very few trans people around and it's doubtful this affects many people. So, they're essentially creating hype about nothing.

But more importantly: gays have existed throughout history, but modern medicine has created transgender people. This is a distinction I think the media fails to make and I don't think they get the danger of people undergoing operations only to realize that's maybe not what they wanted.

For an example of what can go wrong, consider the late Mike Penner, sportswriter for the LA Times.

Penner "transitioned" in 2007 and started writing under the name Christine Daniels. But by 2008, he went back to using his male name. Then he killed himself. He seemed to have a change of heart. It's hard to get details about exactly what happened from the politically correct bullshit about this that passes for writing on this guy, but I do know if I had my private parts removed, then regretted it, I'd probably kill myself too.

ABC news editor Don Ennis also switched to female, then back again.

The media has already encouraged countless women (and some men) to experiment sexually with their own gender. But making it cool for men to get their dicks cut off (to put it bluntly) is beyond irresponsible.

I understand there were people like Walter/Wendy Carlos who were doing this back in the '70s and I do think there is a small, small group of people who really do need to transition. But it's one thing for people to do it. It's another for the media to make it trendy or an act of rebellion against the "cis man," because that influences people who aren't as adjusted to life as Walter/Wendy and will make bad decisions based on bad reporting.

Messages In This Thread