rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

St. Petersburg Data Sheet

St. Petersburg Data Sheet

Quote:Quote:

1. How much Russian did you use in the 3 girls you banged? I'm assuming they spoke English. For gaming purposes, is it even worth bothering to study for a short trip?

None. All three spoke good English. One of them spoke perfect English. The learning curve on Russian is extremely steep in the beginning. It's not like Spanish where you can start throwing sentences together after a week or two of study. If you're going for less than a month, don't bother. If you're going for at least a couple months, then it's probably worth it.

The other thing that sucked about Russian was that girls didn't give two shits that I could speak some of it. It wasn't like Latin America or some European countries, where if you make an effort and say show them that you speak a little, they get excited or give you a lot of credit. In Russia, they couldn't care less. I can honestly my four weeks of Russian got me absolutely no where with women while I was there.

2. Did the Russian you learn help with the women or was it mainly helpful to get around, order food, etc.?

Get around and order food.

3. The 10% number that speaks English... is that for the entire female population or what you encountered at night? I'm guessing at the right bars that number would be higher.

Places like Fidel's it's higher. But that's an overall estimate for the population based on my experience. I asked my Russian teacher what he thought as well, and he said 10% was being generous.

4. How much is a studio of 1-bedroom flat for tourists in the best part of town?

Mine studio about $1000 a month. Granted, it was a piece of shit and the water stopped working a couple times. But hey, that's Russia. I would guess anywhere from $800 to $1300 depending on where and how nice your place is. My location was pretty prime. I've heard that if you know some Russian, once you hit the ground you can go around and negotiate better prices. But can't comment further than that.

5. After sleeping with a Russian, how much does she relax her poker face? Does she become affectionate and sensual by American standards?

Yes, very. In private. The poker face will come back out in public some. But when you're together, it's pretty much gone. They reminded me a lot of Latinas. Very feminine. My girl got excited to cook for me, made my bed every morning, was very touchy (in a good way, not in a clingy way). It was nice.

6. If Russian women are always standoffish before the bang, what are some indicators that you're doing well in an approach? I'm assuming they still ask questions like where you're from and how long you're staying.

What Oldnem said. If they aren't leaving, then they're interested. It took me quite a while to figure this out. But if she's still standing there listening to you, she has some sort of interest. To me this was the biggest shock in picking up. Like I said, in the US I've always felt like I'm a pretty blunt and forward guy, and there were numerous times with Russian women where I was just sitting there, knowing that they must have some interest because they were still there sitting with me, but having no idea what I should be doing. It really exposed my game a bit, and showed me how reliant we in the West actually are on women giving us green lights. Russian women give you no green lights. They expect you to run the red light.

7. Did you dabble in internet game? What have you heard from other guys who have tried it in Russia?

Internet game was money for me in Russia. I got on Mambu.ru and did a search filtered for English speakers, got four girls on a back and forth on there. None of them flaked. Two of them showed up and looked nothing like their pics (some things are universal), and out of the other two, I laid one. The name of the game over there for me was basically "Find the English speaker." Once I found them, my hit rate was extremely high.

I'll add, that by Russian standards I was very good-looking. Average height there is probably 2-3 inches shorter than the US. And I'm 6'2" so I stuck out big time. Most of the guys there are not in good shape either. The dating market there really is amazing. The women are a full 50% hotter and the men are a full 50% uglier. You get these smoking hot girls fighting for attention from these fucking oafs. It's basically the exact opposite of the US.

8. Have you looked into the logistics of a longer stay? Is it just that the visa is more expensive? I read that you have to go the business visa route in that case.

Yes. I plan on going back for at least the entire summer next year. You do have to go the business visa route. It's paperwork hell and probably going to cost over $800. You can handle the visa issues on the our end or on their end. I think it's a bit cheaper to handle it on their end. The language schools out there and hotels will take care of letters of invitation and submitting paperwork for you, but you still have to submit your passport to the Russian embassy and pay an arm and a leg. You can pay a passport service in the US to do everything for you, but you'll end up paying slightly more most likely.

9. Did you have to carry your passport everywhere? I read that Russian police will randomly stop you and demand to see your papers, especially if you look Muslim.

I photocopied my passport and photocopied proof of registration at my language school. The people at the school told me I needed both on me at all times to avoid police bribes, but I never had any problem.

Again, very detailed report. This is the best Russian datasheet we have in the forum now.

Honestly, some of the other threads on Russia pissed me off. It was a bunch of racism mongering and trashing the girls as shallow, gold-diggers. Russia's by no means a great place to live. But I really liked it over there, so wanted to give it some love.

Messages In This Thread