rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Corporate Tax Inversions

Corporate Tax Inversions

Quote: (08-04-2014 07:33 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2014 05:59 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

Stealing is not against the law when the government does it.

Just think about it for a second. If I took money out of your paycheck without your permission and used it to buy a bunch of shit you didn't want, what would you call that? Stealing. Why would it be any different if I did the same thing as an employee of the IRS?

El Borracho, everyone has to pay for things like infrastructure, national security, etc. Which specific company are you referring to that you think should not have to pay taxes? Let's take a closer look at that company.

Let's stick to the real issue. What fraction of the wealth that government confiscates does it spend on things that actually produce value for taxpayers? Let's take a closer look at government spending. If the government isn't doing a good job spending what it already steals, why would we want it to steal even more?

Infrastructure spending is a tiny fraction of the budget, we could double it and the increase would be a rounding error. National defense is a fraction of military spending. Where is the rest of the money going? Bombs to kill brown people that haven't done me any wrong. Social security that has a worse return than taking all my social security taxes and betting them on red at the end of the month. Medicare that is run by a government agency - CMS - that has done tremendous damage to the healthcare market in this country, working to both raise prices and lower quality.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Messages In This Thread