rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girl Realizes She's as Useless as a Wet Towel, Still Hamsters

Girl Realizes She's as Useless as a Wet Towel, Still Hamsters

Quote: (08-01-2014 11:42 PM)Laurifer Wrote:  

Scorpian told it like it fucking is. I saw this same kind of shit in Vietnam with kids at an orphanage. Privileged western kids go volunteer at an orphanage, pick up the first malnourished kid they see, take a selfie with the kid and upload it to facebook, then wait for the likes and comments to come praise them. Worst part is, I kind of felt like one of them while I was there. I'm sure I'll be drowning in this shit when I go to Cambodia next month, fortunately I'll be in a more "professional" position, while in the mean time trying to slay ass.

This basically sums it up. Thanks to whichever forum member originally shared this, I can't remember who:

http://humanitariansoftinder.com/

edit: haha didn't notice runsonmagic beat me to it

Best ending to a paragraph ever.

From the hamster:

Quote:Quote:

I got hopelessly lost in Tribeca in the pouring rain as I tried to evade a hooded man who followed me in circles for 10 blocks, stopping and waiting whenever I tried to hail a cab. As I attempted to blend in with other people on the street, their eyes glued to the sidewalk or their cell phones, hands clutching umbrellas, I realized no one was noticing my clear panic.

This isn’t ok. I shouldn’t have to call friends late at night so I feel safe on my walk home or carry my keys like brass knuckles, the blades sticking out between my fingers. The most annoying thing on my commute home should be train delays and someone playing their music too loud, not drunken men asking me if I’m single and trying to touch my hair. You might say that this is unavoidable. That boys will be boys, especially when they drink too much, or that I shouldn’t be out late alone, or that I should learn how to shrug it off better. I think that this is ridiculous.

See, I knew she should've brought her cards against harassment? And why the fuck did she walk in circles for 10 blocks? Is it perhaps because she is completely full of shit?

I'm going to go with privileged white girl didn't like it when poor minority made benign comment to her. That seems to be going around these days.

Messages In This Thread