rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Part of Expatriation We Don't Discuss

The Part of Expatriation We Don't Discuss

For me leaving there were a few reasons. How I dealt with family and friends is that I chose to not contact them. Seeing my friends partying or hearing about them going out bothered me a lot in the first few months. Living in Qatar was tough but with time you find your fun. Make friends, find spots to go out on weekends etc. Now living in colombia, I still choose to not contact my friends regularly, their lives go on. Yes when I visit we all go out, but they are busy too.

Nightlife: I hate going out alone, especially in colombia where it's social circle game and no mingling really. I miss my boys who I went out with. It takes time to meet friends with whom you can go out. You won't meet anybody staying in your apartment so, I still go out alone at times.

I have no desire to come back today. Maybe in the future, it's always good to have that "insurance".

I believe it will only get better. Your first year you don't know snybody or anything. After your 2nd year you start yo save or even make more money. From many jobs this holds true. More friends etc always helps.

Messages In This Thread